By the end of Reception to achieve the Early Learning Goal in Mathematics children need to be able to meet the targets for both Number and Numerical Patterns.
- Have a deep understanding of number to 10, including the composition of each number.
- Subitise (recognise quantities without counting) up to 5.
- Automatically recall (without reference to rhymes, counting or other aids) number bonds up to 5 (including subtraction facts) and some number bonds to 10, including double facts.
- Verbally count beyond 20, recognising the pattern of the counting system.
- Compare quantities up to 10 in different contexts, recognising when one quantity is greater than, less than or the same as the other quantity.
- Explore and represent patterns within numbers up to 10, including evens and odds, double facts and how quantities can be distributed equally.
We have been developing these skills throughout the autumn and spring terms and there are some links to useful websites that you can use to revise the learning that has already been completed.